Seeking Private Rented Accommodation
- Can a landlord refuse to rent to me?
Renting accommodation and discrimination
- What information can a landlord request from me?
What a prospective landlord/agent may request from you
- Be careful of rent scams
Avoid being a victim of fraud
- Letting Agents
Your rights when dealing with Letting Agents
- Do I have to sign a lease?
What you need to know before you sign a lease
- Paying a deposit
What to bear in mind before you pay a deposit
- Does my tenancy have to be registered?
The requirement for tenancies to be registered with the PRTB
- Should I be given a rent book or lease?
Your landlord is obliged under law to provide you with a rent book or other document such as a lease
- What bills and charges will I have to pay?
- Getting help with your rent
- Advice on sharing accommodation
What you need to know before sharing private rented accommodation
- Advice for students