Threshold was founded in 1978. We are a registered charity whose aim is to secure a right to housing, particularly for households experiencing the problems of poverty and exclusion.
We do this by:
- Campaigning for suitable housing delivered on a rights base approach
- Analysing existing problems and seeking innovative approaches and solutions through quality research
- Providing independent advisory and advocacy services
- Working in collaboration with others for those disadvantaged by the housing system
- Providing long-term solutions for people who are homeless
Our vision is an Ireland where everyone has access to affordable, secure, suitable and good quality housing.
Our mission is to prevent homelessness and to campaign for housing as a right by
- Providing independent advice and advocacy to vulnerable people
- Delivering housing and supports for those in housing need
- Influencing housing policy and practice for the benefit of those in housing need
Our values shape how we work. Key among these are
|Independence||We are an independent organisation and will pursue our agenda with courage and fairness.|
|Accountability||We are fully committed to the values of openness, transparency and accountability.|
|Dignity and Respect||We will always treat our clients, stakeholders and our staff with empathy, dignity and respect in all of our work and interactions.|
|Right to Housing||We believe that everyone has a right to housing.|
|The holistic nature of housing||Housing - and lack of access to it - has consequences for other areas of people’s lives and access to other services such as health and education.|
Strategic Plan 2019-2021
The Executive Summary of our Strategic Plan 2019-2021 can be downloaded here
Management & Structure
Threshold is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors.
Threshold is registered charity, our charity number is: 20011031.
Our company details are:
Company Limited by Guarantee
and Not Having a Share Capital
Registered in Ireland
21 Stoneybatter, Dublin 7. Eircode D07 KV61
Company Number: 70 660