How Threshold makes a difference
Threshold is a frontline advice and advocacy service for people with housing problems and people at risk of homelessness. Our service is free, independent and confidential.
- Many people are unable to solve their housing problems on their own. We provide guidance and negotiate solutions directly with landlords and housing providers. We take legal action where there is no other remedy.
- We prevent homelessness where people face an immediate threat, for example, illegal eviction.
- We help people to look at their housing options and make a planned move where their current accommodation isn't working out, for example, substandard accommodation or a house-share is breaking down.
- During the current difficult times, we assist many people with financial concerns, for example, rent deposits, rent arrears and welfare payments.
- We target our services at the most vulnerable, including unemployed people, older people and migrant communities.
- We help people who are homeless to get back on their feet by finding them good quality accommodation and supporting them to live independently.
- We work closely with landlords in the best interests of both landlords and tenants.
- Based on our work with thousands of people annually, we carry out housing research and influence Government policy.
Find out more here