Get Housing Advice
Threshold provides a wide range of information, advice and downloads on our website. To help you find what you are looking for we have divided this in to the three key stages in the lifespan of a tenancy:
seeking private rented accommodation,
dealing with problems during your tenancy,
ending a tenancy.
If you cannot find what you are looking for or need to talk directly to an advisor you can contact your nearest office in Cork, Dublin or Galway through our national free phone helpline 1800 454 454 Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm.
- Can a landlord refuse to rent to me?
- What information can a landlord request from me?
- Be careful of rent scams
- Private Rented Accommodation and Pets
- Letting Agents
- Do I have to sign a lease?
- Paying a deposit
- Does my tenancy have to be registered?
- Should I be given a rent book or lease?
- What bills and charges will I have to pay?
- Housing Assistance Payment (HAP)
- Rent supplement
- Sharing with your Landlord/Renting from a Tenant
- Advice for students
- How to deal with rent increases
- Am I renting in a Rent Pressure Zone?
- Having problems paying the rent?
- Standards and repairs
- Fire safety
- Access to your home
- Anti-Social Behaviour and Noise Issues
- Security of tenure
- Has a receiver taken over the property you rent?
- Tax Issues
- Local Property Tax
- Preparing for cold weather
- How you can take further action?