Threshold #GE2020 Campaign
Door Step Challenge!
Let’s make #RentersRights an election issue this February.
When candidates call to your door, ask them about their commitments to strengthen tenants’ rights and protect people from losing their homes
- Will you introduce indefinite tenancies and remove “no reason” evictions from the Residential Tenancies Act?
- Will you introduce a Deposit Protection Scheme and restrict rental deposits to 1 month’s rent?
- Will you commit to the introduction of a transparent dwelling specific rent register to allow tenants to know if their rent is lawful?
- Will you commit to revising the HAP limits upwards as current limits are insufficient to allow many on low incomes to secure, private rental accommodation?
- Will you make a commitment to hold a referendum on the Right to Housing?
Know where your candidate stands
We asked all of the political parties to clarify their position on #RentersRights.
Threshold's Platform for Action on Housing
Our platform for the 2020 General Election is based on the lived experience of the clients we support every day.
Sign Up for Further Updates
Sign up to get the latest updates and news from Threshold.