Overview of AHU Service
There are two main elements to the Access Housing Unit service:
Pre and Post tenancy Support and Homelessness Prevention
Through a range of interventions, the service works to prevent the breakdown of tenancies through early intervention. Where an individual or family has become homeless, the service works with them support them in making the move from homelessness to independent living.
- Inform tenants of their rights and their obligations under the Residential Tenancies Act 2004 and other relevant legislation
- Source private rental accommodation and maintain an up to date property database
- Mediate with landlords if tenancy issues arise
- Provide information sessions and advice clinics
- Support prospective tenants prior to securing accommodation through our pre-tenancy programme.
- Accompany AHU service users to viewings.
- Assist service users to organise Rent Supplement and deposits.
- Deliver tenancy sustainment to AHU tenants.
Process for Service Users
A standard step-by-step approach is employed by the Access Housing Unit in working with all service users which is as follows:
3. Pre-tenancy and care-plan
4. Source accommodation
5. Support with Social Protection Representatives
6. Tenancy Sustainment
To request a referral form or to avail of any of our services please contact the office on 021 4274164 or email us on email@example.com