Human Resource Manager
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Threshold’s Purpose: Threshold is a registered housing charity, established in 1978. Every day, Threshold’s specialised housing advisors prevent families from losing the heartbeat of their lives – their family home. We couldn’t do this crucial life-changing work without the public’s support.
Role Purpose: The HR Manager will lead the HR operations of Threshold. They will also manage the HR administrator and work in close partnership with all people managers in order to guide, establish, maintain and develop a range of HR processes.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer, as part of the Senior Management Team
Direct Reports: HR Administrator (Part time)
Location: Flexible. While this role is based in Threshold, First Floor 25/28, Strand Street Great, Dublin 1, other working locations will be considered. As a result of Covid-19, working from home will also be an essential requirement of this role until Threshold return to office protocols are activated.
Post conditions: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract – Part-Time (3-4 days per week; 7 and a half hours per day). The role is subject to successful completion of a 6-month probationary period and Garda Vetting. 22 days’ annual leave entitlement.
GDPR All of the information requested from you and collected by Threshold during this application process is necessary and relevant to the performance of the job applied for. Threshold will treat all information you supply with the utmost confidentiality and in line with current data protection law.
If you have any questions about the use of your data during the application process, or wish to know how your data will be treated if you take up employment with Threshold, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
- Position Summary
Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager will lead, develop and support key HR functions at Threshold, leading in the day-to-day management and development of the HR function (benefits, payroll, employee assistance programmes, digital resource management, and recruitment & retention support). Under the CEO`s leadership, they will also develop Threshold`s employee feedback mechanisms and the promotion of an organisation culture that values learning, employee development, equity, inclusion, and mutual respect. The HR Manager will support the CEO and the wider Threshold team in fostering a culture that is empowering, collaborative, and inclusive.
The successful candidate will combine technical skills in Human Resources Management, ideally in a not-for-profit / NGO work context, with creativity and enthusiasm for Threshold`s work and ethos. They will be an excellent communicator and listener, with a proven track record of delivering outcomes.
- Plan, manage and oversee the work of the HR Administrator
- Lead and manage the day-to-day administration of employee benefits and employee assistance programmes
- Coordinate and further refine the administration of employee recruitment processes, including vacancy announcements, the review of applications, performance of screening calls, candidate interviews, reference checks, core terms, letters of offer, contracts and induction facilitation & exit interviews
- Drafting of reports and relevant documentation to brief management in preparation for meetings with external bodies, e.g. trade union or WRC
- Oversee and implement investigations, grievance, disciplinary procedures and performance improvement plans (PIPs), including the drafting of related reports
- Lead, develop and implement a training, professional development, upskilling, and learning policy for Threshold
- Support the administration of staff performance review process and induction and exit processes
- Oversee personnel records and the management of personal data, in line with GDPR regulations and other relevant policies
- Provide ad hoc support and reporting as needed across the organisation
- Lead the updating, expanding, and implementation of Threshold`s human resources infrastructure including developing policies and procedures
- In consultation with Senior Management Team, lead, manage and design targeted and innovative recruitment campaigns to attract diverse talent to Threshold, and advise and implement methods for making the recruitment process more efficient, values-driven and inclusive
- Briefing Senior Management Team of key developments in HR legislation and case law and the provision of strategic HRM insights at regular inputs to SMT meetings
- Development and compilation of HR metrics using the Salesforce database and surveys, and analysis to inform the development of the HR function
Team Support and Learning
- Together with the CEO and Senior Management Team, serve as a solution-focused sounding board for staff seeking HR-related guidance and oversee queries from employees regarding HR issues
- Lead on, design and implement methods for engaging staff including regular staff feedback
- Support the CEO and Senior Management Team in ensuring that the opinions and concerns of all staff are voiced at leadership and decision-making tables, including Threshold’s Board of Directors and its Executive Leadership Team
- Establish and execute consistent HR administrative procedures, systems, and practices to ensure an accurate and efficient HR function
- As appropriate and with the highest degree of confidentiality, support the delivery of Threshold`s employee handbook and a suite of policies
- Uphold the values and ethos of Threshold
- Actively contribute to making Threshold a diverse and equitable workplace through inclusive practices and openness to different perspectives, cultures, and ideas
- Maintain professional and personal behaviour and conduct that uphold the highest standards
- Develop a ‘learning organisation’ culture within Threshold
III. Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Relevant qualification in HR or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing and leading the day-to-day HR functions in an organisation
- Working knowledge of benefits programmes, EAP, and staff wellbeing
- Strong understanding of Irish employment law, regulations and GDPR
- Proven record of supporting employee recruitment & retention efforts in Ireland
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills – able to communicate complex and sensitive information with discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Experience of IT platforms and HR-related software and databases, e.g. Salesforce
- Experience of staff engagement and surveys
- Experience of supporting employers in relation to external engagements (e.g trade union, WRC)
- Excellent Information and Communications Technologies skills
Desirable Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- Degree or higher in HR or related discipline
- Experience of managing an entire HR function as part of a Senior Management Team
- Experience of supporting the development and refinement of employee policies, practices, procedures, and HR systems
- Experience of working in the not for profit sector and a deep understanding of the complex nature of HR management
- Experience of representing an employer to external stakeholders (e.g trade union, WRC)
- Working knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations
Behaviour and Values
- A strong commitment to Threshold`s mission, vision, and values
- An empathic and active listener who can connect with others and quickly gain trust from staff and stakeholders
- A strong commitment to professional development, giving and receiving active feedback, and continued learning and improvement
- An excellent team player with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with colleagues at all levels across departments and stakeholders
- A high degree of integrity and discretion
Applications will only be accepted by email - Please email your CV including a cover letter to:
John-Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive Officer, Threshold, 25-28 Strand Street, Dublin 1 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews to take place week beginning: April 26th, 2021
All applications will be acknowledged.
Garda Vetting will apply to this role.
Threshold is an Equal Opportunities Employer