We are currently inviting Tenders for the provision of an updated and restructured Threshold Employee Handbook.
The Project Applicant/Consultant will:
- Work on the current employee handbook in line with current employment legislation to make sure all aspects of employment law and legislation are taken into account in the handbook including, but not limited to, the following:
- Terms of Employment (Information) Act, 1994 and 2001 and the Employment (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2018
- Redundancy payment Acts 1967-2007-
- The safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005 to 2014
- Minimum Notice and Terms of Employment Act 1973 – 2005.
- Unfair Dismissal Acts 1977 - 2015
- Industrial Relations Acts 1946 to 2015
- Employment Equality Acts 1998 to 2015 etc.
- Ensure a comprehensive yet concise handbook, focussing on key elements of an employee handbook, while recommending all areas which require to be placed in appendices for regular update. The handbook should provide concise yet sufficient detail including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Data protection
- Grievance and disciplinary
- Sick leave and absences
- Bullying & Harassment
- Health & Safety
- Email, internet and use of telecommunications
- Equality, Inclusion and Diversity
- Hours of work
- break times and rest periods
- Right to search
- Leave and benefits
- Scope out all areas in the appendices as appropriate.
- Have full regard to COVID-19 measures and amend all relevant policies in light of new and emerging measures in this area.
- Ensure work facilitates consistency, clarity and equality and that the handbook reflects the culture and values of Threshold.
The submission should include a table of content, a summary of the consultant’s previous experience and qualifications, contact details of referees, a timeline for all work activities, the duration of days to carry out the work, estimated timeframe for completion, details of costs and relevant appendices.
Tender assessment will be based on the following:
- Applicant’s ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the tender request.
- Applicant’s understanding of Threshold, the NGO sector as an employer, and the need for relevant stakeholder consultation.
- Experience of having previously conducted similar projects.
- Quality of the tender document submitted, with clear and realistic timelines and project plan.
- The project’s value for money and price competitiveness
Timeline and budget
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 pm, Friday, June 12th, 2020.
The deadline for project delivery is the end of August 2020.
The fee will be inclusive of all costs (for example, administrative costs, VAT and travel).
Price increases during the term of contract will not be accepted.
Please include two references from a similar recently completed projects.
All enquiries should be directed to John-Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive Officer at – email@example.com