Housing and homelessness are constantly in the media due to increased demand for accommodation, lack of supply and the soaring cost of both renting and home ownership. One in five homes are privately rented and the legislation covering landlord and tenant relationships can be complex.
Threshold provides training to a wide range of organisations to help them understand and deal with housing issues.
Threshold is a housing charity which has almost 40 years experience in dealing with housing issues particularly in the private rented sector.
Threshold operates a number of frontline services including:
- A national advice helpline
- Tenancy Protection Service with the objective of keeping people in their homes
- Access Housing Unit which assists people to move out of homelessness and into private rented accommodation.
Threshold delivers training to a diverse range of statutory and non-statutory bodies including Citizens Information Centres, Union of Students Ireland and local authorities such as Fingal County Council. Threshold also delivers training to representative bodies such as trade unions and human resource departments of companies on behalf of their members and employees. Threshold can also deliver training to property agents and landlords of privately rented accommodation.
Our training sessions are suitable for both new and experienced staff who wish to upskill. They can also be beneficial for employers and their employees who may be renting. All sessions are tailored to individual needs and range from our bite size one hour session to full day sessions. Issues normally covered include:
- Housing policy and the private rented sector
- Seeking accommodation and equal status legislation
- Rent Reviews
- Housing Assistance Payment(HAP) and Rent Supplement
- Security of Tenure and Ending Tenancies
- Dispute Resolution
For further information and to book a course download our leaflet by clicking here .